Saturday, October 16, 2010

Is It Sunday Yet? W6 - Getting Ready to Play the #1 Team


I usually post my lineup much earlier on Saturday. In fact, I usually know who I am playing by Thursday. I am having trouble choosing starters this week.

This week is different because:
  1. Some players are on a bye week
  2. Some players are injured
  3. Some injured players are getting better and may play (or may not or they may play and get re-injured…or maybe no one knows what is going to happen but they are really good players and I need them!...SIGH)
  4. I am playing the #1 team in my league and it is going to be tough  
  5. BUT - I almost beat a really great team last week and with smart adjustments might beat the #1 team this week...

You only have to look at our cumulative totals across the last five games to see why I might be reaching in #5…

      My total after 5 games: 377  
My opponent’s total after 5 games: 577


My opponent’s team name is the Dust Bunnies, but please do not let this fool you. Her team is the most feared in the league. I think of the Rabbit of Caerbannog in Monty Python and the Holy Grail when I think about playing them.

(Run away! Run away!)

She has Brees, Forte, Best, Foster, Austin, B. Lloyd, B. Edwards, Knox, Keller and the Charger DEF. Would you call this team the Bunnies? Hmmm? They are more like the Beasts! There is so much talent there that you have to wonder how the rest of us let this happen.

I have a lot of respect for my opponent - but, she is 5-0 and needs to feel the agony of defeat. I will do what I can...


MY Week 6 STARTERS (unless I tinker with it...one...more...time)
  QB:     Big Ben (yes, I grabbed him of the ww – I have to take a chance)

  WR1:  Moss (here I go depending on Favre again…)

  WR2:  Havin (Ditto)

  WR3:  Smith (Okay Eli, I need repeat of last week)

  RB1:   MJD (please be healthy, please run – Run Like The wind!)

  RB2:   Addai (I had him last year and did well – but see #3 above)

  TE:     Witten (I am still mourning Finley…)

  K:       Bryant (Let’s hope ATL needs a few FGs)

  DEF:  GB (doing okay with them so far)


MY Week 6 BENCH:
  -Flacco (this might be a mistake)

  -McNabb (yep, I have 3 QBs again)

  -The Law firm (Brady might throw a lot)

  -Crabtree (Is he is a one-hit wonder?)

  -Tolbert (might regret this too…Thought process while making this decision: "Matthew is healthy again…but, he might not be or might get hurt again...but, he might not…such is the life of a FF team owner)

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment